In an effort to provide clients with additional information about medical conditions, here are other reputable, unbiased reference sites which we believe may be useful.
- A to Z definitions from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- Patient Education site from the AUA (American Urological Association).
United States Government Healthy Men
- Men’s Health: general background information from US Department of Health and Human Services.
National Institutes of Health (NIH) Fertility Health
- Men’s Health: general background information from NIH (US Government).
- Women’s Infertility/Health: including information for women regarding infertility from Eunice Kennedy Shriver NIHCD (National Institute of Child Health and Human Development).
- The National Infertility Association is a non-profit national organization that promotes reproductive health and equal access to options for men and women with infertility.
UCSF Program on Reproductive Health and the Environment
- The University of California San Francisco has a site with information healthy lifestyle and eating to avoid pollutants in the environment for couples planning a family and those couples with children.
American Urological Association (AUA): Clinical Guidelines
- These are the technical guidelines released by the governing organization in urology mainly intended for healthcare practitioners.
Fertility Preservation before Cancer Treatment (American Society of Clinical Oncology- ASCO)
- This is the latest guide from ASCO (May 2013) for patients preparing to undergo cancer treatment during the reproductive years.
- Site dedicated to couples addressing fertility and assisted reproductive technology including IVF/ICSI
Bridgeport Hospital Foundation
- Matching the philanthropic aspirations of donors with the highest-quality patient and family-centered services and advanced medical education to support the healthcare needs of our community.
- Donate to the Men’s Health Program at Bridgeport Hospital